Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It's Okay To Match

I've been having a lot of fun with my pastels and colored pencils lately. They used to be all I used until I started college where the focus was on painting. In most of my classes the final assignment had to be done in paint.  I think I'm a lot happier with the results now that I'm back to what I am used to.  

It's good to be true to yourself.

I made this one special for the Halloween season. A dark pixie and her companion raven. 
She wears a black pixie hat to match her raven and her black hair.
I got a little jealous of her hat, so I made myself one! 

Prints and hats available here.

Oh, and check this out! I am included in a huge ten winner giveaway! 
Details here.

11 comments:

  1. i love the pastels. it makes them so soft!

    do you want to know what i pulled out the other day? my pencil set. where you wrote me an awesome note about dogs. and i think poo as well. maybe it was a poem? i laughed pretty hard. i will find it so i quote it to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely love the pastels better. Stick with what you love! This is so funny because I've been working on a vampire aceo and this sort of reminds me of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are super talented! Love the hat as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what great photography! love that hat too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That painting is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is by far my favorite favorite favorite of your stuff. it's all great, of course. just love this one mucho mucho. [:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaw, I love the matching hat you made! Your paintings always look like faerie and pixie versions of yourself, even though you look like a faerie-creature naturally. It's true, stay true to yourself and do what you love. It's important!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh i am so in love with your hats. and this is a beautiful photo of you!
    -kellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving the art AND the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! You're hats are adorable. I like the pairing of these two :D

    -tuckooandmoocow

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo