Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Little Things

I've been busy. So so busy.
Yesterday was my first teaching job. 
I was terrified. 
And, today I have another one.
I'm just as terrified. 

I didn't get a chance to post on my blog yesterday! 
(I never miss Mondays!)

This last weekend, I was able to spend a bit of time in my studio.
I've got 3 big paintings to show you.. but I haven't had time to photograph them.

I was able to photograph the little things! 
After all, it's the little things that are important.

 I've got two mini paintings to add to the shop! 
These ones are going for $22.00.
It includes an easel too.
These are perfect and portable little paintings! 
They look awesome on bookshelves, desks, and bedside tables. 
I also do custom painting of these, for about the same price! 

I also worked on 6 new necklaces...
These are not print necklaces, these are original paintings for your neck! 
Each one was painted individually, and had a lot of thought put behind it.
They are darling. I even wore one teaching! 

I tried to have them reflect my other paintings. 
These necklaces are going for $26.00.
Pretty good right?
 "Create" 
This one is painted with  acrylic paint, stucco, crackle paint, and tissue paper, on a wood base.
It's been sealed with a varnish to make it last!
 "Fire"
This one is painted with  acrylic paint, and stucco on a wood base.
It's been sealed with a varnish to make it last!
 "Bubbles"
This one is painted with  acrylic paint, crackle paint, and vintage book paper, on a wood base.
It's also been sealed with a varnish.

 "Bloom"
This one is painted with  acrylic paint, crackle paint, and and lace on a wood base.
It's been sealed with a varnish too.

 "Love"
This one is painted with  acrylic paint, stucco, crackle paint, and vintage lace, on a wood base.
It's been sealed with a varnish to make it last.

 "Beauty"
This one is painted with  acrylic paint, and stucco on a wood base.
It's been sealed with a varnish to make it last.

 I won't be able to list these on etsy until later tonight..
so, since you guys have seen them early, and because you are all my dear friends, you get first dibs!
Send me an email if you want to put one of these on hold.


4 comments:

  1. you just have a gift with painting!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the original painting necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're getting some teaching gigs! :)
    I adore the CREATE necklace!
    You are uber-talented, Rachael!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I initially thought, by the first picture, that the red painting was huge...but then I scrolled down to see that it's mini and it has a mini easel...I think it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo