Wednesday, June 20, 2012

To Be Bold



"Go at it boldly, and you'll find unexpected forces closing round you and coming to your aid."

Also known as  

 "Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid."
-Basil King


For those of you who have been reading this blog for a while, you probably remember the shy me.
I used to have a very hard time being bold. I used to be afraid to shine. I used to be quite the hermit, afraid of nearly everything and everyone. Life was hard for me. I had a hard time talking to people. I had a hard time leaving the house. I had a hard time with life. I was depressed, and had terrible anxiety. And one day, I woke up and realized, I didn't need to live like that. I didn't need to stay unhappy.. I realized I had more worth than to stay at home, hidden. 

I had an awakening.

I truly believe everyone has an awakening moment like that at some point in their lives.
Sometimes a few awakening moments.

It was like one day, I woke up and realized, 
"I am wasting myself. I am wasting my shine."

And since then, 
I've been as bold as possible. 

It was a bit of hard work, at first,
a lot of uncomfortable moments, 
a lot of uncertainty,
but I've been incredibly happy ever since. 

When I meet new people, I give them my all.
When I start something new, I give it my all.
I am authentic and real.
I believe in magic and truth, and I believe is with all of my being.
I believe in being honest, and open.
Even if means looking like a fool.
I believe in following my heart,
and trusting my instincts.
 I go about things boldly.

Because if you can't be bold, then why be anything?

My Tips to Living a Bold Life

  • Live in Possibility, not Fear. When we live in fear, we dwell and have anxiety. When we live in possibility we are curious, and excited, in a state of wonder. Change your fear and anxiety into excitement and curiosity.
  • Know yourself, find yourself. You are great. Realize this, and share it with others. 
  • Let go of the things that are not directly affecting you.
  • Stay in the Here and Now. Dwelling too far in the past causes depression, thinking too far in the future causes anxiety. Find a good balance and stay there.
  • Enjoy the little things. 
  • Don't make life harder than it needs to be. Not every little problem needs to be dealt with at that exact moment, and sometimes they just can be tossed away.
  • Get excited. About the big things, and the little things. Take a drive through the canyons and marvel at the pretty trees, the happy butterflies, and the whispering river. Be excited about the wind, and the squirrels. 
  • Let life be good. We determine how well our day will go. We decide if it's a good day or a bad day. Let it be good.
  • Count your blessings. This will help you see more of them, and it plays into the Get Excited part. 
  • Smile Smile Smile This makes you happy, and those around will feel it.
  • Make people remember you. Bring that excited and authentic energy with you when you meet people. Smile and shine. Walk with your chin up, and shoulders back. Be unforgettable. 
  • Be Authentic. There is nothing more beautiful than someone who is real. Speak the truth, follow your instincts. Follow your heart. Be yourself, for yourself. 
  • Help Others. There is such thing as Selfless-Selfishness. This means, the act of being selfless will make you feel good. Making someone happy will make YOU happy. Helping someone will help you. 


The purpose of life is to live it, to taste and experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.


9 comments:

  1. Rachael, I love this! I have a hard time with anxiety too and I tend to get so afraid of life that I freeze and don't do anything. You're a great example of what a person can do with the raw material in her own heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, Rachael! I am new to your blog, but I can truly relate to being shy and quiet. When I am with a huge group of people that I don't I am terribly shy, almost awkward. Some people take offense to my quiet nature, but I like to get the feel of others and get to know them know before the silly, outspoken me comes out.

    Thank you so much for this post. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog. I am almost 42 and I at one time had the excitement of life in me like you do now. I home school my niece and nephew and seem to be always tired and feel like doing nothing. I have an associate's degree in art and I used to love to do art. I have given up on Etsy and eCrater. I need to find a way to supplement income for my niece and nephew that live with my husband and I. I used to feel like you could do what you loved, but seem to have lost that. The more I stay at home, the more I don't want to go anywhere. I too struggle with anxiety and depression, but can keep it at bay somewhat with my med. I am sorry I sound like such a downer! I love reading your posts though and I love your art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always find the best ways to pick me up from a slump and let me grin like an idiot Rachael! I really feel like you've helped me and my confidence, now more than ever in this transitional period I'm going through; you're a very inspirational young woman, and I'm so glad to have stumbled across your blog all those months ago!
    Much love
    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Rachel. Thanks so much for this most important post. I am teetering and you you pushed me over the edge in the right direction. I am just about to do my first charity event as I have agreed to perform at a hospital despite not feeling qualified or experienced enough to entertain and..... I have anxiety when I realize I am the one everyone is looking at.. ..crap.. got a scare just writing that.. so again I thank you for reminding me to get out and live and not be scared in this and all other aspects of my life.. peace to you Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I struggle with anxiety too and I don't feel like I have found 'it'. I'm not as lost as I used to be but I think I'm yet to have my awakening moment.
    "Dwelling too far in the past causes depression, thinking too far in the future causes anxiety." This phrase is so real and I know I've done this way too much. We need happiness and we need it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So this is probably a super weird compliment, but you have a beautiful nose. And no, that is not sarcastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always wished my nose went to a little point like a little pixie nose! :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo