"Go at it boldly, and you'll find unexpected forces closing round you and coming to your aid."
Also known as
"Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid."
For those of you who have been reading this blog for a while, you probably remember the shy me.
I used to have a very hard time being bold. I used to be afraid to shine. I used to be quite the hermit, afraid of nearly everything and everyone. Life was hard for me. I had a hard time talking to people. I had a hard time leaving the house. I had a hard time with life. I was depressed, and had terrible anxiety. And one day, I woke up and realized, I didn't need to live like that. I didn't need to stay unhappy.. I realized I had more worth than to stay at home, hidden.
I had an awakening.
I truly believe everyone has an awakening moment like that at some point in their lives.
Sometimes a few awakening moments.
It was like one day, I woke up and realized,
"I am wasting myself. I am wasting my shine."
And since then,
I've been as bold as possible.
It was a bit of hard work, at first,
a lot of uncomfortable moments,
a lot of uncertainty,
but I've been incredibly happy ever since.
When I meet new people, I give them my all.
When I start something new, I give it my all.
I am authentic and real.
I believe in magic and truth, and I believe is with all of my being.
I believe in being honest, and open.
Even if means looking like a fool.
I believe in following my heart,
and trusting my instincts.
I go about things boldly.
Because if you can't be bold, then why be anything?
My Tips to Living a Bold Life
- Live in Possibility, not Fear. When we live in fear, we dwell and have anxiety. When we live in possibility we are curious, and excited, in a state of wonder. Change your fear and anxiety into excitement and curiosity.
- Know yourself, find yourself. You are great. Realize this, and share it with others.
- Let go of the things that are not directly affecting you.
- Stay in the Here and Now. Dwelling too far in the past causes depression, thinking too far in the future causes anxiety. Find a good balance and stay there.
- Enjoy the little things.
- Don't make life harder than it needs to be. Not every little problem needs to be dealt with at that exact moment, and sometimes they just can be tossed away.
- Get excited. About the big things, and the little things. Take a drive through the canyons and marvel at the pretty trees, the happy butterflies, and the whispering river. Be excited about the wind, and the squirrels.
- Let life be good. We determine how well our day will go. We decide if it's a good day or a bad day. Let it be good.
- Count your blessings. This will help you see more of them, and it plays into the Get Excited part.
- Smile Smile Smile This makes you happy, and those around will feel it.
- Make people remember you. Bring that excited and authentic energy with you when you meet people. Smile and shine. Walk with your chin up, and shoulders back. Be unforgettable.
- Be Authentic. There is nothing more beautiful than someone who is real. Speak the truth, follow your instincts. Follow your heart. Be yourself, for yourself.
- Help Others. There is such thing as Selfless-Selfishness. This means, the act of being selfless will make you feel good. Making someone happy will make YOU happy. Helping someone will help you.