Thursday, July 19, 2012

Myself

I woke up today with a clear head..
It's been a while.

It's been a while since I've felt myself actually.
And I really think my blog reflects that.
Mostly because I don't post much when I feel like this. 

When I don't feel myself, it's hard to get my thoughts clear enough to type out.
It's hard to express myself if I don't feel like myself.

I also haven't been feeling very creative lately. 
That doesn't help.
I hate that feeling. 

I cleaned out my studio to see if that would spark a desire.
It did not.

I started a new project to see if it would help my creativity.
It did not.

How am I supposed to be an art teacher that doesn't even paint?

I am so lucky I get to work in a creative environment. 
We've been talking a lot about color, color schemes and artists that use powerful colors. 

Today I was walking around class watching my students work on their Triadic Color Scheme Projects,
I sat in my chair, and was suddenly hit with the desire to create.
Sadly my next free day is Sunday..
Maybe I'll be crazy and stay up late. 
Then as Wicket wakes me up in the morning and tells me it's time for school,
 I can pull the blankies over my head and plead for two more minutes.
 Again.

And I haven't had time to edit any photos...
and my phone is broken.. so there are no photos for a little while. 
Ah life.

5 comments:

  1. YAY!! You got your creative urge back! I'm waiting for mine. I've been in the biggest funk I've had for a long time lately. I know that this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh--these creative dry spells always leave me completely down until I'm seized with that spark to create again.

    Is there a way while you're at school to have a teeny, tiny sketchbook/pile of scrap paper with you? Art can be all sizes, and maybe if you're struck with the urge again you can dash out some beauty in a small place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I actually bring art supplies with me, and sketch during the day, and sometimes try to get a bit of color work done during lunch. I TRY to always be sketching. :)

      Delete
  3. Creative funks suck, but I think they're important sometimes. When I'm stuck, I know I have some sort of fear to work through. That may not be true of everyone, but I think blocks are here to teach us. Knowing that makes me hate them less :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creativity comes in waves for me. I go through long spells of nothing, and then suddenly, I have too many projects and not enough time. Sometimes, I just need a change of scenery. I was in a massive creative rut the past several weeks, and when I went on vacation to Zions, my dad packed me a bag of art supplies to take. A change of scenery was exactly what I needed! Now, I just need more free time...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo