Friday, August 17, 2012

A Girl's Best Friend

Who ever said that diamonds are a girl's best friend was terribly wrong. 
A girl's real best friend is her dog. 
There is no love like the love that comes from a dog. 

My Wicket is an amazing dog. 
He is so smart and intuitive. 
Sure he's got his goofy moments. 
Like the time I dropped a bag of fruit snacks and he hit the floor out of fear. 
Or how he is afraid to drink from his water bowl.

He is such a sweetie. 
This morning I woke up with him in my arms.
He was laying on his back using my arm for a pillow.
I smiled as he looked at me, and he scooted closer for some good morning kisses.
I took extra time to snuggle with him this morning.
It caused me to be a tad bit late, but it was worth it.

I snuggled in bed and let him know I loved him.
Whether he can understand my words or not, he understood the moment.

I kissed him and let him know I love him.
I'm thankful for him. 
I wouldn't trade him for anything or anyone in the world. 
He is just what I need in my life right now. 
I told him I don't consider him a pet.
I consider him my baby and my friend.

There are some nights a week I reserve for me and him. 
I don't have anyone come over, and I don't leave. 
I stay in the living room and I just hang out with my pup. 
We watch movies together. 
We eat popcorn together.
We talk and play.

Because that's what friends do.







8 comments:

  1. Awhh, what cute friends!! :)

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since the unexpected death of my darling kitty this past June, I have been feeling so lonely without a furry friend. I really, really want a puppy to do all those things with! Your post was so sweet! Everyday I think about getting a dog. The only reason I don't is because I'm living in a tiny apartment and going full-time to grad school and don't think my hectic schedule would be fair to a little buddy. And I kind of want a big dog (like a Golden Retriever), and my little apartment isn't suited for one :(

    But I really, really enjoyed this post! I literally just posted on my FB last night that I wanted a puppy buddy so badly! Your pictures are the sweetest thing ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dog. He has the sweetest, most expressive face! Such a lovely post. Even though I'm a cat person first and foremost, I love my pooches too. They are very special and I'm so glad I have them in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!! Way cute! The last picture is totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I love your pup. I know how pet bffs go, but mines a feline. Check it out! Following u!
    www.adashofrobs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post. :)
    My puppy and I are hanging out in our living room right now. :)
    Love your photos...that last one is especially touching.♥
    Wish that Wickett and Bruno could meet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totaly agree with you, the only thing I would change in my case is "dog" to "cat"^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love when you post pics of Wicket! I have a little friend like that too. "Batman", a chihuahua. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo