Thursday, August 23, 2012

Getting To Know Lauren Luquin



Please give us a brief bio, where you are from, who you are, and how you
started in this field?

Greetings! My name is Lauren Luquin. I am an artist and practitioner of
Metaphysics, and most importantly a mother to 2 amazing Children. My daughter
is 5 1/2 and my son just turned 1. Me, my husband, our children, and our dog live
in San Diego, CA. I was born here, and eventually moved to Long Beach, CA
when I graduated high school at age 17. I lived there for 5 years and completed
my Bachelors degree in Sociology. I then moved to Santa Rosa (an hour north of
San Francisco, CA) to live with my sister, which is when I first started my
business, VisionWise- selling jewelry, making deerskin medicine bags, and doing
tarot card readings. At the time I was not able to make enough money to pay for
rent, so I ended up moving back to San Diego after a year, to live with my
parents. Here is where I met my husband and my life took a major turn as I soon
was married, a new mother, and enrolled back in school and earned a a Masters
of Education in Cross Cultural Teaching and a Teaching Credential.. I was long
 term subbing in the public school system and quickly became drained. I made a
challengingdecision to stop teaching so I could restart my spiritual art business and
stay home with my daughter. Since then I have been pouring my heart and soul into
my artwork, crafts, and family... I also earned a Bachelors in Metaphysics and
became an Ordained Minister. I am currently working on my Masters degree in
Metaphysics with a focus on Spiritual Counseling. In addition to my Etsy shop I
also created an online retreat/eCourse for enhancing self-awareness within
community and nature, called Intuitive Heart Sanctuary. I spend my days with my
children, playing, working in our garden, making things for my shop, writing on
my blog, taking my children to the park or beach, and just taking care of our
home. I also put a lot of time into facilitating my eCourse. I am always busy but
also take time to do yoga and relax in nature daily. I care deeply about people
and all life on this planet.

When did you first discover your creative talents?
I have always enjoyed being creative, and as a young child I was always
dreaming up ideas of things to play outside in the canyon and our big backyard. I
spent most of my time in nature climbing trees, and talking to animals. This
connection to nature inspired me to start drawing and writing before I was in
kindergarten. By the time I was given lots of materials to use in school I was
making up illustrated stories and collecting stickers and other graphics I liked. I
then started getting into photography, collaging, and making jewelry when I was
in 4th grade. After that, I just remember always enjoying art and going through
ups and downs in my confidence with painting, exploring different mediums, etc. I
have always kept a journal, and have diaries since I first learned to write. Looking
back I realize that I was given a lot of opportunities to express myself and explore
my depths. I still have a very active inner child that inspires me endlessly.

What inspires you to keep going and how do you keep yourself motivated?

I have a lot of creative energy and ideas. I am constantly inspired by the
experiences I have had on my path, and I feel a responsibility to shine my light in
this world. I am not sure why I care so much about everything, I just truly feel a
strong connection to other beings, and the spirit realm as well... I have not had
an easy life, but I feel like my circumstances have been very fortunate
comparatively, and I want to use my abilities and gifts to help improve the lives of
others, including the overall well-being of this planet. I do this by always
connecting with myself and continuing to open up to the Universe by centering
myself and staying open to intuitive guidance. Being a mother is also a major
motivation in life- to be the best that I can be. It’s amazing how becoming a
mother changed my perspective on life. I love learning and growing... Even on
the days when things feel like they’re falling apart, I am always grateful to be
alive. I give thanks every day and living in gratitude like this keeps me motivated
and content through life’s ups and downs.

How would you describe your style?

Overall I have always been very earthy, spiritual, and rootsy. Living where I have
in Southern California has definitely affected my style as well. The urban culture
and it’s diversity is a constant source of inspiration, as are my dreams and
connections to nature. My family is multicultural, and I resonate with lots of
different cultural aspects from our family, community, the music we listen to,
friends, and art, etc. It’s difficult for me to say what my style’s like because I don’t
really ‘think’ in those terms much, but it’s been described as soulful, healing,
mystical, and colorful. I put lots of love into everything I do.

Describe yourself in 5 words.
observant, intuitive, empathic, spiritual, sensitive

Share with us something funny that has happened to you recently.
Last week my son was teething and had fevers that were on and off every day, so it was rough.
He was in a lot of pain and everyone knows how draining fevers can be... Well the day the fevers stopped he immediately bounced back to his 'normal' self again, but with even more energy and joy.
It's like he felt so glad to be feeling better. He was being sooo funny! He figured out how to get his diaper off
and he kept pulling the tabs and making it fall off, and then he'd run around the house laughing and smiling
so big with his toothy grin. It went on and on, and he did it the next day too. It's like he's trying to be
funny on purpose, and he's just the most innocent and sweetest little guy. It was equally adorable as it was hilarious.


Anything else you would like to add? Favorite quote? Words of advice?

I’d like to add that I am appreciative of the opportunity to connect here on this
blog... Thank you Rachael, and thank you everyone else who’s reading this. I am
grateful to connect with like minded souls... If you want to know more about me
you can go here.

“And while I stood there, I saw more than I can tell and I understood more than I
saw; for I was seeing in a sacred manner the shapes of all things in the spirit and
the shape of all shapes as they must live together like one being.” - Black Elk

Give thanks! Smile... Relax. ONE LOVE



 Check out her links.

3 comments:

  1. love me some LL <3

    really nice interview!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great feature! I love Lauren's aesthetic and message!
    And yes... I try every day to Smile... and Relax.
    ~*ONE LOVE!! <3
    http://threecornersdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo