Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Losing My Mind

I am. 
I am losing my mind a bit. 
And by my mind, I mean my sense of "home."
My sense of peace.

My mind is lost somewhere inside my head.
My thoughts are cluttered along with thoughts of money, my students, orders, love, art, 
and everything else you could imagine. 
It's like a filing cabinet has been dumped over my head..
and my thoughts are scattered around me.. 
getting crumpled up and stepped on. 

I've been so stressed lately.
Working so much.. 
My mind is so busy and boggled right now, I barely know what to type. 
I don't like it.
So, I'm going to change it.

I took a walk today on my lunch break.
I practiced slowing my mind down.
I practiced breathing, and slowing down my thoughts. 
My poor mind. 
It's been stressed and cloudy.
It's taking a toll on my body. 

I haven't been sleeping well.
I haven't been waking up well.
I have been having migraines.
Migraines to the point of loosing vision in one eye, and throwing up.

So, starting now..
I am practicing peace.
I am slowing down.
I will over come this. 

I will request more time alone. 
And I will use my alone time for organizing my thoughts.
For drawing and writing. 
For finding my mind again.

10 comments:

  1. Our house was that way the past month as we were getting ready for a huge change. My husband started college today, so I think things will slow down a bit & I will hopefully have some time to stop + smell the roses. I've finally forced myself to use any spare time (even just 5 minutes) to do something I love (crocheting).

    It's amazing how only 5 minutes here & there can do wonders for that scattered feeling!

    Good luck & hope things slow down soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! even 5 spare minutes helps. Thanks for this comment. I'll be looking for some spare moments. :)

      Delete
  2. Hope you can get release all the stress! -Sarah Najera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good. I had some tea and read a book last night. that did wonders!

      Delete
  3. Aw, Rachael, good thoughts sent your way! I know the feeling of being lost inside your head, scattered...so unpleasant. I hope you find your peace soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm working on it... I don't like my head this way!!

      Delete
  4. Thinking of you during this stressful time, Rachael. ♥

    Solitude and art-making always ground me, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Solitude was good. I plan on more of it!

      Delete
  5. Matthew 11:29-30
    The Message (MSG)
    28-30"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."


    The Message (MSG)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo